Saturday, March 5, 2011

Pope Benedict's "Jesus of Nazareth" Series.

Pope Benedict's book from 2007 -Jesus of Nazareth- has been on my Amazon.com wishlist for quite a long time. However, cheapskate that I am, I don't like paying the shipping costs when I don't have to, so I won't order a book until I find a companion book that will put the total cost over $25.......giving me free shipping with Amazon.com. I have to really want both books - won't be paying for something on a whim.

The Pope's latest book, Jesus of Nazareth: Holy Week: From the Entrance Into Jerusalem To The Resurrection is scheduled to be released next week. I decided to pre-order the book -taking advantage of a great price- ordering the first volume as well. I requested that both books be put in the same shipment so I could get the free shipping.

Because the release date on the second book is March 10th, I received a confirmation email that both books would be sent out then. This morning, I get another email from Amazon telling me that the company has already shipped the first book with no shipping cost to me. It's due to arrive Tuesday. This works out just fine; now, I can be finished reading the first book when the second book arrives.

2 comments:

Al said...

Looking forward to getting the 2nd volume. If it is anything like the 1st it will be filled with plenty to reflect on. Of course he still has vol 3, Jesus, the Early Years to write.

Robert Simms said...

Hi Al,
From what I understand, he's writing volume 3 now.