Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The Sleeper 13 Anti-Gun PSA.

From dailycaller.com:

A provocative public service announcement released by a San Francisco-based production company encourages children to put themselves at risk and commit a slew of crimes by stealing their parents’ guns from home and turning them in at school.

The PSA shows a boy, in his early teens, sneaking into his mother's bedroom and taking a handgun from her drawer. The boy takes the handgun to school, where at the end of the PSA, he hands over the gun to his teacher, saying, "Can you take this away? I don’t feel safe with a gun in my house.”

The Sleeper 13 Productions ad’s director, Rejina Sencic went even further by posting this taunt on Twitter, "Lot of people are afraid to share my PSA! If you are not a coward please share."

Of course, I wanted to judge the provocative PSA for myself, but sadly, Ms. Sencic's own cowardice was making it difficult - if not impossible - for me to share her video.

Attempting to watch her video on Youtube via the links provided, told me that the video was "private".



It occurred to me that, if Sleeper 13 Productions had their own Twitter account, they would also have a Facebook page. That search enabled me to watch the PSA on a different Youtube account. My first thought was to provide the link to that account's video, but I'm certain that, like the Twitter account video, this one found on Facebook would soon become "private" as well.

But, where there's a will, there's a way. I downloaded the video, turned around and uploaded it to my Youtube account.

So, here is the video which Ms.Sencic believed we might be too cowardly to share.



Check out this opinion piece from The Washington Times: A video against gun violence misses the target by a mile.

No comments: