Thursday, January 3, 2019

My Mango Shake from Gie-Gie's Sports Bar


I don't believe I've mentioned this before, but once a week I'll meet up with a couple of fellow Americans for breakfast. Truth be told, I don't always order breakfast - I frequently have breakfast earlier at home, and just meet the guys for a bit of conversation.

For several weeks we've been gathering at Senorita's Mexican Grill located at the Dumaguete airport compound. We decided to change it up this week and meet at Gie-Gie's Sports Bar located on the opposite side of Dumaguete on the Bacong Road.

This morning I had already eaten breakfast with my son before taking him to school, so when I arrived at Gie-Gie's I decided to have a mango shake. It's been quite some time since I've reviewed a mango shake - not since November 29 as a matter of fact, and it's long over due.

At the beginning of this post, there is a photo of the mango shake I ordered at Gie-Gie's. You might say, "That doesn't look like a mango shake - that looks more like a place mat". You'd be right. I was unable to photograph anything other than a place mat because they could not serve mango shakes this morning.

"And why", you might also ask, "were you unable to get a proper mango shake this morning?"

It seems that the owner of the sports bar had taken the blender home. That's par for the course in this area.

Having already eaten breakfast, I thought my second choice would be the homemade apple pie with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. The above photo is serving double duty today as it is also a photo of my apple pie à la mode. After being unable to get the first two items I ordered, I settled on a coffee.

They were able to serve me coffee. Perhaps I should have photographed that.

No comments: