Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Lead Us Not Into Temptation.

Give us today our daily bread;
and forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors;
and do not subject us to the final test, but deliver us from the evil one.
If you forgive others their transgressions, your heavenly Father will forgive you.
But if you do not forgive others, neither will your Father forgive your transgressions.
Matthew 6 :11-15


Often,it is very difficult to forgive someone who has harmed you,particularly when that person was a close friend who betrayed you.However, we are called upon to forgive - even when the other person has not "repented" or sought your forgiveness,for that matter.
Temptations can be difficult to resist,especially when a strong emotional feeling is involved.
I recently came across a bit of information about an former friend who had betrayed me;someone who had taken advantage of my generosity and used me.It has been more than five years since I've had any contact with this person but, I've come to learn that this person is reaping the seeds she has sown and is not happy with her current situation.(one hint:happily married Filipinas do not describe their relationship on Friendster as "it's complicated"....that's code for "I'm married but not happy".) There are other tell-tale signs which I won't go into.
The temptation, for me, was to contact this person via email and rub salt in her wounds.I certainly have the ammunition.
But, I won't.
99.99% of the people reading this don't know the person I'm referring to; those that do aren't likely to be reading this anyway. The person that I'm writing about will not know what I know. She will also not know that I have forgiven her and have moved on.

No comments: