Thursday, August 13, 2009

The SPLC versus Lou Dobbs.

As readers of my blog - D'offus of the Big-Doofus- know, I have used Barack Obama's birth certificate as a punchline occasionally. [see:My Birthday Cake].

This does not mean, however, that I put any credence in the theories and speculations of the, so-called, "birthers". As much as I wish Obama was not President of the United States, I have no reason to believe he was not born in Hawaii.

I haven't watched CNN in quite a long time and, until recently, was not aware of Lou Dobbs' opinion on the Obama birth certificate controversy. Radio talk show host, Neal Boortz mentioned Dobbs not long ago and I searched the Internet and found a video clip of Dobbs talking about it.

From what I gathered from the clip, Dobbs says he believes Obama was born in the US, but that he does not understand why the President doesn't present his birth certificate and put an end to this foolishness.

Because of this, Dobbs has been labeled a racist bigot by the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC).
SPLC president, Richard Cohen has gone so far as to ask CNN to remove Dobbs for the air for his "conspiracy-mongering" and his peddling in racist propaganda.

Of course, Cohen says that "None of this is about censorship or infringing on Dobbs’ First Amendment rights."

Of course not.

The comments following Cohen's statement on the SPLC website speak volumes about the Liberal mind-set.
Folks who agree with Cohen say things like,
"We should call Fox News the Clan News and conservative talk radio like Rush’s Clan Radio."
"My husband and I have switched to MSNBC. We could not take CNN any more.Don’t stop with Lou Dobbs. What about zombie Larry King?"
"We are so over this whole birth certificate thing. We have so many issues to confront. Why do we not go back and care to prosecute GWB for his war crimes?"
And....
"I understand the concern but good grief to go onto Fox News to say anything about racist comments is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Lou Dobbs is a baby Jesus compared to the hate that Fox News and Bill O’reilly spews."

The Left has only one response to any argument......anyone who disagrees with the Left is a racist who spews forth hate speech.
What a pathetic group of losers.

2 comments:

Jason said...

This is a great site that you have here. I have a debate site myself and I would like to exchange links with you. We need to stick together. Let me know. Jason

Theresa Bates said...

I watch Lou Dobbs tonight EVERY NIGHT. He is the only one that seems to have any sense left!