Saturday, July 2, 2016

July 2nd

It's been one week since my last blog post. I've fallen behind on my plan to write 366 posts this year. This being leap year, that would, of course, be an average of one a day. Today is the 184th day of the year and this post will be number 183. Even though I haven't posted anything in a week, I'm only one behind thanks to the 54 posts I managed to publish in May.

What have I been doing this week?

I'd like to say the week has been productive, but that would be stretching the truth a bit. I have been reading, of course. I'm still making my way through Henry Stanley's book, How I Found Livingstone. It's not exactly the most exciting book I've read, but it's not a complete slog......it does have interesting portions.

In addition to Stanley's book, I've started in on The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis. The book is in the public domain in Canada, so I was able to download a copy as a pdf. Going to online-convert.com, I nwas able to convert the pdf file to mobi so I could read the work on my Kindle.

A couple of times in June, I wrote posts critical of Mark Shea and his Catholic and Enjoyng it! blog. As I mentioned in one of those posts, due to a comment I left on his blog which Shea didn't approve of, he banned me from further comments. I didn't like the idea of reading his blog without being able to comment from time to time, so I opened another Disqus account with another email and I was good to go. Although it's unlikely that Shea will ever read this post, I'll not give the name I'm using to comment now. You never know. He might learn the new name and ban me a 2nd time.

Looking at the Labels used on this blog, I've already written more post on the 2016 POTUS election than I did on the 2012 election. In 2008, I published more posts than any other year. Most of that was due, I'm sure, because of the post I wrote dealing with the election that year. Unfortunately, I did not create a label for that category.

No comments: