Saturday, December 31, 2016

Closing Out 2016 in Sibulan


As I write this, 2017 is less than 12 hours away here in Philippines. With the last day of the year, it's appropriate to look back on what I've done - or not done - in 2016.

Regarding this blog, this post will be number 373 for the year. That is a record for me. It is the first time, since I started this blog in 2006, that I've averaged more than one post per day. Of course, this being a leap year, 366 would have been enough, but I've managed to post a few more than that. The most posts in a prior year has been 354 in 2008 (the first time HRC ran for POTUS). The 373 this year tripled the output of 2015.

In another Internet related project, the photos I've uploaded to Google Maps have, as of this writing, nearly 600,000 views.

I'm still maintaining a good exercise schedule. This time last year, I was working out at a local gym four days a week - since that time, I've purchased dumbbells and no longer need the gym membership. I'm still doing a morning walk six days a week, but for the past few weeks, I've been joined by my neighbor.

According to my post from January 1st (2016), I managed to read 37 books in 2015. As of today, I've read 36 books in 2016 and it's unlikely that I'll finish  reading number 37 before the day (and the year) is out. I'll have more on the 2016 Book List tomorrow.

As for 2017, I hope we can move into the new house without too much more delay. Within a few months, I can finally begin breeding our two female pigs. A side business selling lechon baboy would be a good way to pick up a bit of the elusive spondulicks.

One area where I have failed in 2016 is in my writing. I've been promising myself that I'd do better writing fiction, but I haven't done what I've wanted to do. I've told myself that the problem revolves around my not having a proper office. That's really not a valid excuse. I hope to do better in 2017, but I won't make it a resolution........I'm bound to fail if I do that.

No comments: