Thursday, October 15, 2020

Facebook Bans

On a number of occasions, I've complained on this blog that sorryalltheclevernamesaretaken has been banned by Facebook for violating "community standards" though, for the life of me, I can't see how I've done so.

The result of that ban has been the creation of another blog, robertsimms.blogspot.com, which seems to be harmless as far as Facebook is concerned.

I'm Facebook friends with Matt Archbold, creator of the blog, Creative Minority Report. Matt has recently published a book, American Antigone, which Facebook refuses to advertise. On a Facebook post today, Matt wrote:

"Instapundit wrote: 'Abandoning the decentralized Blogosphere for the walled gardens of Facebook, Twitter and YouTube was a huge mistake, particularly for conservatives.'

I couldn't agree more. This election season has proven it. The mask is off. Big Tech is censoring, shadow banning, and demonetizing conservatives. Facebook, just this week, banned ads for my pro life book. Why? They said it could influence the election

. We should get back to blogging. We could write what we wanted, without concern that Big Tech would limit our reach.

I recently began posting more at CMR exactly because of this. We cant allow our speech to be censored."

I'm reasonably sure that the banning of my blog from Facebook was not part of the overall ban on Conservatives, but rather due to someone I had "unfriended" on Facebook flagging my links to the blog as an act of petty revenge. However, I do see a trend by "the walled gardens of Facebook, Twitter and YouTube" to make it hard for Conservatives to express their views.

I've missed going the Matt's blog every day. I'm glad to see that he's back to blogging.

No comments: