Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Goo Goo Ga Joob.

For reasons I can't quite comprehend, Pandora Radio has determined that, no matter what sort of "station" I create, a John Lennon tune is, apparently, appropriate.

Today, while listening to acoustic, folk music, the Beatles song , "I am the Walrus" came up. How that might relate to the type of music I had been hearing was beyond me.

Internet surfing, I'm surprised at the number of versions of "I am the Walrus" have been done.
My favorite is Zappa's take on it, but then again, I can have off-the-wall musical tastes.

Some of the other versions really blow my mind.

What could have possessed Bono to do this?

Perhaps we should have a contest.......hum......who has done the worst version of "I am the Walrus"?

Oasis?
Jim Carrey?
The Beatles?
this guy?
this kid?
the ukulele version ?

I believe we have a winner.

Goo Goo Ga Joob.

2 comments:

Larry Denninger said...

I vote for Jim Carrey. Defiling a classic, even if it is John Lennon...

Robert Simms said...

From strictly a musical standpoint, I'd say Carrey's version would be the best.....because he had the money to hire George Martin. But, Carrey's singing (and buffoonery) destroys the song.