Friday, October 22, 2010

My Taste in Music.

I first saw the photo on Drudge , with his link to this story :Iran, Venezuela leaders seek 'new world order'.
I came across the photo again on a post at creativeminorityreport entitled Even Despots Break into Song Sometimes...
In that post, Matthew Archbold wrote,
"I must be in a silly mood but doesn't it look like these two murderous tyrants are in some weird musical and about to break into song."

For my part, the first song I thought of was Vera Lynn singing We'll Meet Again as it was used in the ending of the movie Dr. Strangelove.

Listening to the song again put me in a mood to listen to Vera Lynn on Pandora Radio.
This time, thankfully, Pandora choose not to include a John Lennon tune. Who'da thunk?

I was, instead, entertained by the likes of Jo Stafford, Deana Durbin and Fred Astaire.

One of the greatest gifts my father gave me - in addition to his love for the Catholic Church - was an appreciation for a wide variety of music. It might seem odd to some that someone who enjoys listening to Frank Zappa or Muddy Waters or Muddy Waters' evil twin could also enjoy listening to Camille Saint-Saëns or even Spade Cooley.

Someone once said I had 'catholic' tastes in music....catholic with a small 'c'.
That pretty much sums it up.

1 comment:

Al said...

The song I thought of was "I Got You, Babe".