Sunday, June 26, 2011

Books.

Sadly, I've fallen behind on my reading. My work is partly to blame. Unfortunately, I am one of those individuals who must spend eight (and sometimes 16) hours a day -excepting weekends- working at a job I am not crazy about. Some of you might be saying that I should be thankful I have a job during the Obama recession, but that is a subject for another day.

Another reason I haven't spent as much of my free time reading as I think I should can be placed upon my love of the Internet...... too much time going over the news......too much time reading my favorite (and not so favorite) blogs.

For what it's worth, I'm posting a list of what I'm currently reading along with a list of what I'll be reading next.

1) The Story of a Soul (L'Histoire d'une Âme): The Autobiography of St. Therese of Lisieux [Kindle Edition]
This particular Kindle edition is free. If you don't have a Kindle, you can get Kindle for PC - also free.

2) Rick Santorum's It Takes a Family: Conservatism and the Common Good. I blogged on that earlier.

3) If Protestantism is True by Devon Rose. (also on Kindle).
I discovered this book via a book review at The Impractical Catholic.

I had originally thought of posting a list of the books I have on Kindle. I'm not going to do that now. There are beaucoup books that can be downloaded for no charge available for Kindle. I've downloaded nearly eighty already.....impossible to say when I'll dive into that library.

1 comment:

Devin Rose said...

Thanks Robert--I hope you like the book and do let me know what you think. Having a job with long hours that you don't like is a great trial, even if many are out of work.