Friday, June 17, 2011

Two If By Tea.

I was listening to Rush Limbaugh's program yesterday when El Rushbo announced his latest venture - his very own bottled iced tea, Two If By Tea.

The tea comes in two flavors "original" sweet tea and raspberry. Both flavors are also available in diet. As for now, the tea can only be purchased at the Two If By Tea website. The price is $23.76 for a 12 pack of 16oz bottles. Shipping is free within the lower 48 ....... shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is extra.

As big a fan as I am of Rush, it is extremely unlikely that I will purchase his tea. In spite of the fact that his tea probably "tastes just like my mother used to make iced tea when I was growing up" and in spite of the fact that I love iced tea, you can buy a heck of a lot of Luzianne tea bags (or Lipton for that matter) for $23.76. I'd much rather make a gallon of tea myself - the old fashioned way - rather than purchase a bottle of high priced tea.

I know there are some who might refuse to even drink a free bottle of Rush's tea simply because it's associated with Limbaugh. I'm not one of those. There are probably some who will buy the tea just because it has Rush's name on it. I'm not one of those folks either.

I understand that a portion of the money will be donated to The Marine Corps - Law Enforcement Foundation which is certainly a worthy cause. That still is not reason enough for me to buy the tea. Should one wish to donate to the MC-LEF that can be done via the charity's website, mc-lef.org.

I wish Rush the best of luck with his new project. He won't be getting any of my money, however.

No comments: