Sunday, January 29, 2012

Babylonia Aivaz to Marry Warehouse.

The title of this post is not a typo. You might think it should read "Babylonia Aivaz Marries in Warehouse". That, at least, would make more sense.

Thanks to the one and only LarryD at Acts of the Apostasy I learned of Seattle activist Babylonia Aivaz's plan to marry a 107 year old warehouse. Larry linked to a story from The Daily Mail online:

Babylonia Aivaz’s love knows no bounds – that’s why she will marry a 107-year-old doomed warehouse in Seattle tomorrow. 

The Seattle activist has planned the weekend ceremony because she is head over heels in love, and she also wants to make a statement against the warehouse’s slated demolition. 

A luxury apartment complex will be built in its place, and Aivaz is mourning the loss of a place she and other protesters have inhabited for more than a month. 

‘If corporations can have the rights as people, so can buildings,’ said Aivaz, referencing a Supreme Court decision on political advertising. 

‘I’m doing this to show the building how much I love it, how much I love community space and how much I love this neighborhood. And I want to stop it from gentrification.’

This story was so ridiculous.....I had to Google Babylonia Aivaz to see what else I could find. I was able to find a video interview of the future Mrs. Warehouse.

Knowing how videos on the internet can "disappear" over time, I downloaded the ABC video, uploaded said video to Youtube and voilĂ  ..........




No comments: