Monday, February 20, 2012

Monica Lewinsky Today.

As my regular readers reader can attest, I've been a bit of a slacker this past week, vis-à-vis the blogosphere; I haven't posted anything since last Monday when I announced that I had - thanks to early voting in Georgia - cast my vote in the Republican primary for Rick Santorum.

In spite of this serious lack of blogging, I've still managed to get a few thousand hits, mainly from folks doing Internet searches on "Monica Lewinsky today". These folks were led to one of my posts from 2008 because of a photo I had posted of Ms. Lewinsky , way back when.

I find that a little bit odd. The main sources were the Yahoo and Bing search engines (under Images); the photo from my post wasn't anywhere near the front - it comes up a little closer to the front when one filters out the "adult" images. Why they'd chosen that one is a mystery.

I have no clue as to why some many people are now, seemingly out of the blue, interested in Ms. Lewinsky. According to Google Analytics, the visits came from thirty of the fifty (not 57) United States as well as D.C and Ontario.

It would be nice if people were being drawn to my blog because of something I'd written; instead, they're coming to my blog, reading a post with little written content, because of a picture of Monica Lewinsky that I had found on the web over four years ago.

Funny thing; back then I thought Mitt Romney would be the Republican Presidential candidate.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
.

Update - 2/20/2012:
OK, know I understand the renewed interest in Lewinsky. A PBS documentary on Bill Clinton .

Update - 5/1/2016:
I regret my having written anything negative about Ms Lewinsky - read Apologies to Monica Lewinsky.

No comments: