Thursday, October 30, 2014

Game Seven.

About a week ago, I saw someone from the cable company, ladder up against the pole, doing some work on the cable.

A day later, we noticed that additional channels had been added to our cable package; as a matter of fact, we were now getting all the channels available from the cable company, including several Chinese language channels,  along a few  kids' stations and a number of English language news and sports networks.

 One of the new channels was I getting was Fox Sports. I found that station about the seventh inning of game 5 of the World Series. That was Monday morning, Philippine time. Game six would be on Wednesday morning in Philippines and I was really looking forward to watching the game.

Unfortunately, after getting set to watch the game, I lost the free channels. I don't know exactly what happened. I don't know why I had the stations for a few days or why the stations were no longer free.

 As it happened, I had to listen to game six on the radio via the Internet. That would have been a good one to watch. Now, I'm listening to game seven over the ESPN Radio website. Radio is OK, but it ain't TV.

 Next time I pay the cable bill, I'll check on getting Fox Sports, Fox News, BBC World news and Al Jazeera added to our package. If I'm right, it'll cost an additional 500 peso on our monthly bill. That's a little over $10 US. I guess I can handle that.

No comments: