Thursday, July 27, 2017

The Snows of Kilimanjaro

In yesterday's post [The Snow Job of Kilimanjaro] I wrote of the impossibility of my being able to watch the 1952 movie, The Snows of Kilimanjaro on Youtube, due to this dismally slow Internet I'm forced to deal with. As I write this on WordPad, I am having a difficult time reaching the blog site.

Strangely enough, however, I was able to view the movie yesterday afternoon. I had absolutely no problem streaming the video.

After watching the video, I have to say that the movie was enjoyable - if one over looks the fact that it does not follow Hemingway's short story. Forget that it's supposed to be Hemingway and view it as 1950s era movie and there are merits to be found in it. Viewing it as a Hemingway story, I'd give the movie a 3 1/2, but as a non-Hemingway story, I'd give the film a 7 1/2 or even an 8.

No comments: