Friday, April 6, 2012

Regarding Remarks by the President at Easter Prayer Breakfast.

OK, I get it. As evidenced by remarks made at his most recent (and hopefully last) White House Easter prayer breakfast , I'm convinced that President Obama is not a Muslim - secret or otherwise. No Muslim would call Jesus Christ "a Son of God" as the President did.

Of course, neither would a Catholic nor would a member of any traditional, Protestant denomination for that matter. According to the teachings of these groups, Christ is "the" Son of God, not "a" Son of God. There was never any question, however of Obama being a Catholic; we all know he's not. He's not even sympathetic towards Catholicism. I don't know if I'd call the current President the most anti-Catholic President this country has ever had, but he's certainly on the short list.

It's said that President Obama attended the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago for at least twenty years. I can't say I know the theology of the United Church of Christ regarding Christ being God's only Son. For all I know, that denomination may very well teach that Jesus is only one of many Sons of God. It wouldn't be relevant in Obama's case, as he's on record as saying he didn't listen to what Rev. Wright preached any way.

No comments: