Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Beetle Number 40.


Every Wednesday morning, I meet with a small group of fellow expatriate, old fart Americans for breakfast at a local eatery in Dumaguete. We have habitually met at a different place every week, but we may have settled on the Gabby's Bistro on Rizal Boulevard as the regular go-to location. I don't seem to be as particular in the location as some of the others. I'm more likely to have just coffee and ice water sans breakfast and most of the places we've been to can manage coffee.

The guys are likeable enough, but from the conversations, I seem to be the only one in the group that prefers Philippines to the U.S..

This morning, after our bullshit session had ended, I headed home, taking a different route down Aldecoa Drive. Just before reaching Harolds Mansion (Hostel) on the corner of Aldecoa and Hibbard ave., I spotted a Volkswagen Beetle parked behind a fence. Needless to say, I pulled over for photos.

According to my count, this makes #40.


No comments: