Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Bit of Good News for a Change.

As chronicled in a post from this past October, 28 [Thanks, Mr. President.] the company I work for will be closing down the location where I've worked for nearly 17 years. The plant's last day of operation will be Dec.27.

At the time of that post, I was unsure as to what was going to happen. We were told that transfers were available, but at that time I didn't know where I stood. Now, today, I know for a fact where I'll be working after the current location shuts down. I've been transferred to the distribution center 30 minutes from my house. OK, the drive is a bit longer than the 6 minute drive I've been going, but I'm really happy about it. (I might even get an increase in pay).

We're winding things down at my present location. I don't know if I'll be making the transfer next Monday or if I'll have to wait until the final day here. I'm hoping it's Monday.

The only downside is that I'll have to go to night shift. I'll be on a probationary period for 90 days; after that, my seniority is reinstated and who knows how long before there's a first shift opening. We'll just have to wait and see.

All in all, good news.

1 comment:

Larry Denninger said...

I'm happy to hear that you won't be unemployed over Christmas and beyond. God is good!