Wednesday, May 30, 2012

3 1/2 Time-Outs Tuesday - the Time- Killing Edition..

Time once again for another 3 1/2 Time Outs Tuesday; the brain child of LarryD.

1)
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I checked two books, by Betty MacDonald, from my local public library. I finished reading the books rather quickly. I'll be returning the books and checking out the only other book by MacDonald to be found in that particular library - Anybody Can Do Anything. I find it amazing that MacDonald could find humor in the most dreadful situations.

2)
I was a big fan of the BBC series Sherlock (season 1). I have been looking forward to season 2 for a year. I watched all 3 episodes on PBS recently and was not disappointed.
Anyone who missed season 2 can view the series on the PBS website until June 19, 2012.

3)
My six year old will be going into 1st grade in the Fall and his school has assigned him a "Summer Math Skills Sharpener". Fortunately, I know all the correct answers. (I'm no math whiz, but I can handle 1st grade.)

1/2)
Dailymail.co.uk recently released a list of hundred of keywords and phrases it says the Department of Homeland Security has been using to "monitor social networking sites and online media for signs of terrorist or other threats against the U.S.".

I couldn't help but notice that the list they provided is in the form of an image, so, presumably, they won't attract the attention of the Department of Homeland Security.

No comments: