Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Canadian PM Explains

In yesterday's blog entry I was critical of Canada's PM for his failure to attend the meeting in Vatican City between Bush and the Pope.The meeting was held in an attempt to settle the so- called "Heywood Jadoit Affair" and the growing tensions between the two countries.
Early this morning I received an email from the Prime Minister urging me to try and understand his side.In the interest of fair play, I will copy the email here for all to read and judge for themselves.

From:
pm@pm.gc.ca
To: sorryalltheclevernamesaretaken@blogspot.com
Cc:
Bcc:
Subject: Papal Conference
Date: Monday, June 26,2007 3:30 AM

Hi,
First,I'd like to tell you how much I enjoy reading you blog.I never miss it.I
find your posts to be both entertaining and thought provoking.
Secondly,I appreciate the work you've done on behalf of Canadian Heywood Jadoit.
In your blog today, you took me to task for failing to attend the recent conference
held in Vatican City......even going so far as to say that I was "dissing" not only the President of the United States but Pope Benedict XVI
as well.I assure you that that was not my intention.I am sending a link to the
Canadian Govt.website
so that you and your many readers can understand why I did not attend.
I hope you will see fit to put this link up on your blog.
Thank you,
Stephen Harper

So, anyone interested in reading the PM's explanation can click here.

1 comment:

Olga said...

ha ha ha! very funny Robert :)