Friday, October 1, 2010

Rossini-Cenerentola- Finale Atto 1.

This week, due to no work on my part, I stumbled upon an unexpected windfall.

With this little bit of extra cash, I went to my Amazon.com wish-list to spend some of it before it burned a hole in my pocket. I've been wanting, for some time, to purchase a copy of "The Dangerous Book for Boys" by Conn Iggulden but, sorry to say, there hasn't been much money for luxuries lately and as much as I wanted the book, I viewed it as a luxury and not a necessity. Ordered the book and it's on the way.

When I went to the Amazon.com website, I looked over my wish-list to see if there was any thing else I would order or remove from the list. I found, on the list, a recording of La Cenerentola by Gioachino Rossini. I could not, for the life of me, remember putting this on the wish-list.....it's been on the list since August 21; I guess my memory isn't so hot.

I Googled "La Cenerentola" and found quite a few Youtube videos of sections of the opera. The video below is not the reason I put the CD on the wish-list, but it's rather nice and well worth putting here.

1 comment:

Dom Cimafranca said...

Heard about that book! I hope you and JP have fun with it.