Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Request for an Interview.

For quite some time, I've wanted to interview someone ......anyone.....from the pro-choice camp concerning abortion. I believe it would be in everyone's best interest to understand the pro-choice "logic" as they believe it to be.

In a comment left on my post, Stuck in the Middle, Nathan Wilkinson wrote:

"Third, to your issue specifically on abortion. I rarely deal with social issues on my blog, however I would be more then happy to debate the issue with you."

Unfortunately, Mr. Wilkinson would not submit to an interview.

I decided on another approach in finding someone willing to discuss their support of abortion. Putting "anti-choice" into a search engine, I eventually came upon an interview with Marissa Valeri from Catholics for Choice.

Seeing an opportunity, I sent the following email to Ms. Valeri:

"Ms.Valeri,
I recently came across your interview with Serena at feministsforchoice.com.

As a pro-life Catholic, I found the questions posed to you to be "softball".

Would you consider being interviewed via email concerning the issue of abortion and the idea that one can be Catholic and pro-choice? The questions and your answers will be published on my blog http://sorryalltheclevernamesaretaken.blogspot.com/

Your answers will be unedited and presented accurately with no manipulation. I believe it is in everyone's interest to present both sides of this debate truthfully.

Thank you,
Robert Simms
"

It's too early to tell whether or not this interview will come to pass. I've only just sent off the email and I'm waiting on a reply.
I'll keep everyone up-to-date.

No comments: