Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Reboot.



It’s been ages since I’ve written anything for this blog; it’s almost as if I’ve abandoned it without a proper farewell.

I can lay a portion of the blame on simple laziness. Things have been a bit hectic lately – with the selling of the house, the shipping of the balikbayan boxes to Sibulan and the selling of one of our vehicles. Still, I could have found time to write something.

One thing for certain; I'm tired of writing about politics in general and the POTUS in particular.
.
I won’t say my time has been completely wasted; I have been doing quite a lot of reading. Knut Hamsun-Robert Hichens- Aldous Huxley and Phillip Gibbs -to name just four writers whose works I’ve been devouring.
 
June 20th will be my last day as a proletariat; I’ll be officially retired. We won’t be leaving for Philippines until July 1st. I’ll have no more excuses. I’ll have to put the proverbial nose to the grindstone (is it OK to use out of date phrases when I add the word ‘proverbial’?).

This is a rather slow re-start. I know I’ll have to do more as time goes on. But, I do have to start somewhere.

No comments: