Saturday, September 13, 2014

Keyuboartd P[rtoblems.

Last night, while watching Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan  on Netflix, I went to Google to search the quote from  A Tale of Two Cities   Kirk uses in the film.

Typing the quote into the search, I discovered a problem with the keyboard of my PC. Certain letters weren't coming out properly. For instance, when I typed the letter r, it would show up as rt. The letter i was now i] and u was uy.

"Tis a far, far, better thing" came out, "tri]s a fart,fart berttrert rthi]ng".

Perhaps the keyboard only needed a good cleaning.

Not having any canned air on hand, I did the best I could with cotton swabs. It helped with the letter t but a few letters still weren't working properly.

I'll try to find a can of air this week and if that doesn't help, I'll need to replace the keyboard.

I'm using the keyboard now; I can use the backspace key to correct the errors, but it's a pain, to say the least.

Long story short; there won't be a Saturday Cantaloupe Update this week. Maybe Sunday. No promises, however.

Until next time - or should I say?- UYntri]ll nextr tri]me.

No comments: