Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Did I misread the Democrats?

From the beginning I've predicted Hillary Clinton would win the nomination for the Democrat's presidential candidate. It looks as if I was wrong.
The New Hampshire primary is today and it looks like she's going to take a shellacking. Her numbers in South Carolina aren't good and some doubt she'll make it to Super Tuesday.
Like a lot of other folks, I thought of her as the inevitable victor. I didn't take into account the Democrats tendency to go overboard for the newcomer with the superstar persona.
Obama now appears to be the one to beat and I don't think Hillary can pull it off.
I said in an earlier post that I thought the November election would be between Hillary and Romney. I may have been wrong about Romney as well. He could still get the nod if he wins in New Hampshire today. I can't see the Republicans running McCain in November; if it isn't Romney I don't know who it'll be.

No comments: