Wednesday, January 9, 2008

All Bets are Off.

The day before the New Hampshire primary, the most reasonable prediction seemed to be that Obama had the momentum and could not be stopped. The idea was that independent voters, who might otherwise vote for McCain, would vote Democrat - choosing Obama over Clinton.That would put Romney and Obama as winners. As we can see, that didn't happen.
The Democrat nomination is still a horse race; the Republicans are disorganized and their nomination process is in shambles.
The choices the Republicans are giving us leave a lot to be desired.
Am I going to be forced to sit this one out? I'm not crazy about the idea of voting against the Democrat candidate.....I'd rather vote for a Republican, but I don't see that being an option in the near future.
We still have a long way to go in the selection process; I can still vote for Romney in the Georgia Republican primary, but it may turn out to be a wasted vote. I doubt if I could vote for Giuliani, McCain or Huckabee.....even if that means Hillary would win.

No comments: