Thursday, August 14, 2008

Let's Hope Putin Doesn't Burn Atlanta.

Well, you know, I reckon somebody would have to be holed up in a deep, dark cave somewheres ( or otherwise in a really Podunk place like Cedar Bluff or Gaylesville ) not to have heard about the Russian invasion of Georgia.
Truth be known, I didn't rightly hear about it from the T.V. or the radio on account of Georgia Power disconnected my electricity a couple months back for not paying my bill, but, I did learn all about the invasion from what I overheard these two fellows talking while we was all standing at the express lane at Wal-mart.
You understand, I didn't get all the details on account of they was in front of me and by the time I had checked out at the cash register, those two fellows had done walked out of Wal-mart and was in their car and gone. I guess it might have been a different story if I had only had twenty items like it says your 'spose to up there on the sign at the register.
Anyway, I figured I heard enough where I can put 2 and 2 together and figure out what happened.
Looks to me like the Russians must have come into Georgia by way of Savannah on account of I didn't hear those two fellows says nothing about Tennessee or the Carolinas ner nothing like that. Besides which, it'd be easy enough for them to come up by boat from Cuba, where we all know a whole bunch of them Russians are staying.
The one thing that's got me a bit bumfuzzled in all this is I can't figure out why President W. would have let those Russians just invade us like that and all - specially since Gov. Sonny Perdue is a loyal Republican and faithful Baptist who prays for rain out in front of the Capital steps and all. I was talking about that very thing with my brother-in-law, Barney and Barney, he said that was the easiest part of all to figure out.
The way he explains it, President W. and the Republicans are bound to know that a whole bunch of us in Georgia have got our overalls in a bunch 'cause they done picked John McCain as their candidate. Further more, Barney says, they are bound to know that a whole bunch of us are gonna vote for that Libertarian fellow Bob Barr and that's likely to miscue the Electoral College vote like what that Nader fellow did to the Democrats a while back. So they had the Russians invade Georgia to keep us from voting.
I told Barney I figured he was right on account of I was planning to do the very same thing like what he said.
One of my neighbors, Mrs. Johnson, says we don't have to worry too much on account of that Mr. Obama fellow done told the Russians to ceasefire. I reckon that must have worked on account of there ain't been too much gunfire up in this neck of the woods lately....leastwise not no more than usual.
I still worry on account of I figure them ceasefires can break real easy and we're liable to be seeing tanks coming up Peachtree Street any day now.
I just hope that Mr. Putin decides not to burn Atlanta like what Sherman did.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really need to stay on your meds.
When you miss them for a day or so, well..................

Dom Cimafranca said...

As God is my witness, as God is my witness they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be hungry again. No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again.

Anonymous said...

It'll be Rome that bu'ns fust donjaknow?