Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Celsius 233

One of the musical works saved by me on Spotify is of Esa-Pekka Salonen conducting the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra performing the film scores of Bernard Herrmann. (the recording on Youtube can be found here. My favorite film score on the album is Herrmann's score for Hitchcock's Psycho.

Listening to the work this afternoon, my attention was drawn to Hermann's score for Fahrenheit 451. It had been years since I last watched the film - long before I knew the work of Bernard Hermann, and seeing the film listed on the LP, I thought of finding a way of watching it again. After doing an Internet search, and achieving less than satisfactory results, I was finally able to locate the entire film here.

As I say, it's been years since I've seen the film and I'm not at all certain that I ever got around to actually reading Ray Bradbury's novel. Being the cheapskate that I am, I searched for a copy as an e-book - free, of course. I've located a copy as a pdf here. At some point, I will convert the pdf to mobi for reading on Kindle. I can't say when that will be - I have a long list of novels in the queue.

No comments: