Friday, April 28, 2017

Bill Nye - Open Mouth, Insert Foot


Being an old fart myself - I'm 2 1/2 years older than Bill Nye - I was spared the trauma of having grown up watching Bill Nye the Science Guy on TV. Fortunately, I was an adult when that program originally aired from September 10, 1993, to June 20, 1998 and consequently, it's fairly easy for me to see Bill Nye, not as a "science guy", but as the windbag he is.

During the 13th and last episode of Nye’s Netflix series, "Bill Nye Saves the World", entitled "Earth’s People Problem", Nye advocates that governments should consider punishing people in the developed world for having "extra kids." Thankfully, everyone else appears to disagree with Nye on this. He's being criticized by National Review,The Federalist, New Republic, Lifesite News,Mark Shea, and Matt Archbold, to name just a half dozen.

I believe Mark Shea summed it up best when he wrote:
"Curiously, those who go about deciding who the 'extras' are never number themselves in the ranks of excess humanity, perhaps because they never give any indication of having an excess of humanity."

When it comes to science, I'd probably turn to Louis Nye first before listening to Mr.Bill.

No comments: