Friday, April 21, 2017

The Invisible Prawn Hatchery


I'll be the first to admit that I haven't done as much for Google Maps as I have in the past. I did add two additional locations this week - Dr. Palma Jane Limpiado - Lozano Dental Clinic and Hemispheres Travel and Tours- but these two were the first I've added in quite a while.

I've been noticing a new sign along the street going from Cangmating to Poblacion, Sibulan - AA Prawn Hatchery -. While on my morning walk today, I thought I'd take a little detour and locate the hatchery, take photos and perhaps add the hatchery to Google Maps. I had been down this little side road before, before the new sign was put up along the road and I didn't recall seeing anything in that area that looked like a hatchery.

The road isn't very long; it basically goes behind the Sibulan ice factory. It does lead to paths that go to the beach and there are several houses and shacks along the road. I couldn't find a hatchery, however. Perhaps this prawn hatchery is an invisible hatchery - a place similar to the the invisible city located somewhere in Samar province, Biringan City, believed to be home of spirits known as the Engkanto.

No comments: