Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Sometimes Mark Shea is Right

Sometimes, I actually agree with something Mark Shea writes. Perhaps this goes along the lines of how a broken clock is right twice a day, but I will give credit where credit is due.

I am in agreement with Shea on the abolition of the death penalty, and he and I agree on man's contribution to climate change. Where we might part ways on climate change, is in how I see his views on the various climate accords and solutions put forward by leftists as mostly virtue signaling. In his quintessential Trump hatred he has seen Trump's withdrawal from the Paris Climate accord as Trump actually wanting to destroy the planet.

Although I consider a good deal of Shea's attacks on the President as a case of Trump Derangement Syndrome, he does have a recent post damning Trump, where I agree that, in this case, Trump's actions can be vile and disgusting.

Entitled Trump steals from children with cancer, Shea's post links to an article on The Hill, which itself links to an article at Forbes.com, documenting how Donald Trump took control of the Eric Trump Foundation, diverting money donated to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis into revenue for the Trump Organization.

When Trump and HRC were duking it out in the POTUS campaign, I stated in more than one post that having to chose between those two was like choosing between mustard or mayo on your fecal sandwich. After the election, I was willing to give Trump the benefit of the doubt. He's not my favorite POTUS by any means, but let's see what he does before we impeach him, OK?

Shea ends his post - "Impeach this vile human being now."

While I agree that Trump's actions toward St. Jude Hospital are vile and disgusting, I don't know if (legally) his actions are an impeachable offense.

No comments: