Thursday, June 1, 2017

Number Twenty Two

This is the 22nd week of 2017, and I've nearly finished reading my 22nd novel of the year. At that rate, I will - obviously - read 52 books this year. If I manage to do that, I will surpass the years 2016 and 2015 which are currently the record holders for me since I've been keeping lists. 36 books in 2016 and 37 in 2015.

Book number 22 is The Time Machine by H. G. Wells. This the 2nd of Wells' books that I've read this year, the other being the #1 best seller of 1917, Mr. Britling Sees It Through.

I'm not sure what I'll be reading when I've finished The Time Machine. I'm thinking of reading more Wells. Project Gutenberg lists his most frequently downloaded works  as The Time MachineThe War of The WorldsThe Island of Doctor Moreau, and The Invisible Man: A Grotesque Romance.

No comments: