Wednesday, June 7, 2017

All in a Day's Work


At about 4:30 PM, I drove out to the property in Magatas to see how the work was coming along on the addition to the piggery. It isn't that I'm a slave driver or a particularly difficult taskmaster, it's just that I wanted to photograph the progress made in order to have another blog post today.

From the photos, it appears that the work should be completed no later than Friday - excluding any time needed to have a door made. There was a slight miscalculation in the amount of sand needed; there might not be enough concrete as well. I told my wife's papa to order whatever he needed and we would stop by the building supply company tomorrow and pay for these additional materials.

I was curious about waste removal. When the piggery was built last year, we had a large septic tank built to handle the pig waste. The piggery sets atop the tank. However, with this new addition, I did not understand what was planned for the removal of the pig manure. It was explained to me today that a hole will be put into the wall dividing the main piggery from the addition, the floor of the addition will be built on a slant so that the waste can be washed into the drain of the main piggery.

If one looks closely at the new photos, one can see the stump of a coconut tree inside the new addition. I hadn't paid attention to that earlier. I'm curious to see how that will be dealt with in the next few days.


No comments: