Monday, September 21, 2009

Douglas Kmiec Interviewed in Malta.

In an interview published online on the times of malta website, the new American Ambassador to Malta, Douglas Kmiec, tells of a conversation he once had with Obama where Obama asks;

"What would cause a mother to contemplate taking the life of a child? It has to be something awful. It has to be a woman without shelter, without insurance, without the next meal on the table."

Compare this to Obama's statement;

"I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby."

Obviously, with the financial advantages that the Obama family have, should one of his daughters get pregnant as a teenager, she would not be without shelter, without insurance or concerned about where her next meal is coming from.

Still, Obama would have no difficulty aborting his grandchild to prevent his daughter being "punished".

Kmiec goes on to say that, although he has some disagreements with Obama, he supports the President because Obama believes it is the responsibility of government to provide a family wage, to care for the environment and to provide health care for the uninsured.

What, exactly, is a "family wage" and why would it be the responsibility of the "government" (read taxpayers) to provide everyone with one?
So then, does that mean the government forces companies to pay everyone whatever it takes to buy whatever food our families need - along with mortgage, car payments, furniture, TV , and internet access? Where would it stop? Who determines what my family needs? Me? And the government sees to it that I'm paid enough to cover it all?

The environment?
Everyone - even mean spirited capitalists - want clean air and clean water. But, in order to combat "global warming" a government would have to take control of every aspect of our life to "save us from ourselves". After all, according to some environmentalists every thing humans do damages the planet.

"provide health care for the uninsured"?

Just how can that be managed? I don't make a great deal of money, but a portion of my pay check goes to cover my family's health insurance. I know people who make as much, or more, than I, yet don't provide their family with insurance and will use the money to have a bigger house, or a nicer TV and such as that. My taxes have to go up to help those folks?

Douglas Kmiec may have convinced himself that Obama has the answers, but he hasn't convinced me.

1 comment:

Al said...

I was as puzzled as you about what he meant by "family wage". or where it says that in Catholic teaching, let alone that was the government's responsibility.

Then I read this line: "'this is my catechism come to life'" & I have the ultimate proof the Kmiec is recreating the Catholic Church into Obama's image & likeness.