Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Final Post.

It's becoming ever more apparent to me that this particular blog has outlived it's usefulness. It has become quite a burden for me to come up with something even remotely interesting to say. I scour the Internet daily for something to pontificate upon but, as one can see, I haven't been very successful of late.

I think, perhaps, the problem is one of too much "diversity".....or, rather, lack of focus, if you prefer. I have forty nine labels listed on the lower right side of this page; I've been jumping from pillar to post, writing on anything that suits my fancy. At first, this method seemed to work - I was posting frequently. I could write on any subject I saw fit.

Over time, however, the flaws in this way of blogging have become ever more obvious. Without any particular subject area or limits on what I could write about, it was becoming harder for me to make a decision on where I should go. The number of posts for this year - not to mention the content- is unimpressive.

So, I will "mothball" this blog. I will, at some point, start up a new blog - one with a more organized theme. That may be today or tomorrow or next week. At this stage, the theme of this new blog hasn't come to me yet. It has to be something I can become enthused about. If I'm not, then neither will the readers.

4 comments:

Larry Denninger said...

I enjoyed your blog muchly - probably one of the best names ever, too. I'm looking forward to your next blog - unless it's focus is Buddhist Feline Astral Projection Entities and their Favorite Recipes. I probably won't 'follow' that kind of blog! :-)

Don't be too much of a stranger, Robert. God bless you and your family.

Robert Simms said...

The only problem with a blog about "Buddhist Feline Astral Projection Entities and their Favorite Recipes" is that they only have one favorite recipe.......Balut.

Larry Denninger said...

I'm reaaaalllly sorry I clicked that link.

My word verification was "ingast". Kinda says it all!

Editor said...

Best wishes! I hope that you reverse your decision.