Friday, June 22, 2012

My Recent Visit to Blood Assurance.

Two weeks ago, the good folks at Blood Assurance called and asked if I could come in and donate platelets. A young girl, who has the same blood type as I, is undergoing treatments and would need platelets Monday,Wednesday and Friday of last week and this week as well.

I was only too happy to help. I scheduled an appointment for this morning at 10:00 o'clock. I dropped off J.P. at vacation Bible school just before nine and went ahead and drove over to the Blood Assurance location on the chance that I might be able to get in early.

After going over the questionnaire prior to the donation, I discovered that my surgery for prostate cancer in March precludes me from donating either whole blood on platelets until one year after the doctor's release. Since the doctor released me to return to work the first week of May, we calculated that I should be able to donate again in May of 2013.

Oh, well.............

No comments: