Friday, April 21, 2017

Google Maps' Strange Behavior


I mentioned in an earlier post that I had recently added two new locations to Google Maps. Not only have I added locations recently, but I've uploaded new photos of preexisting locations to the website as well.

Being a "Local Guide" for Google Maps, I get "points" for each individual place that I photograph. Earlier this week, I had taken photos of seven different locations. A screen shot of my "points" prior to my uploading these new photos showed that I had 612 places with photos. After uploading the seven, Google increased that number to 619. Naturally, 612 plus 7 equals 619.



Later the same day, I went back to the website where upon it said I had only 613 places with photos. No explanation.



At a later point, I went back and found Google Maps had given me points for 630 places with photos. Still, no explanation.

.


Now, today the number is back to 619, which is probably the correct total.



I'm not making money off this - it's not like Google adsense. I don't get anything for these photo points. However, even though this is just a hobby for me, I would like to see an accurate count. Is that too much to ask?

No comments: