Thursday, June 28, 2018

An Odd Glitch with Silas Marner

In my previous post, I mentioned that I was currently reading Middlemarch, A Study of Provincial Life by George Eliot and upon finishing that novel, I would go on to Eliot's Silas Marner: The Weaver of Raveloe. I had already downloaded Silas Marner from Project Gutenberg and thought I'd go ahead and send it to my Kindle.

Because of an earlier glitch with a USB cord, I now email mobi files to my Kindle via my Gmail account. For reasons I can't explain, the size of the Silas Marner mobi file was given as 0 bytes and consequently, Gmail would not attach the file. I've a new USB cord, so I attempted to transfer the file directly to my Kindle. Again, for some unknown reason, the file would not transfer.

I went back to Project Gutenberg to download another copy of the ebook. The website lists the file size for Silas Marner as 689 kB. I have no idea why my earlier copy was giving the size as 0 bytes.

This file was downloaded to my PC and subsequently emailed to my Kindle.

Oh well, All's well that ends well.

No comments: