Wednesday, January 1, 2020

The 2019 Book List

Following a New Year's tradition, I'm posting a list of books I'd read the preceding year. Sadly, the list for 2019 isn't as long as I would have liked it to be - it is a longer list, however, than the one I posted for 2018.

Only one of the books I read in 2019 (The Devil's Hearth by Philip DePoy) was an ink and paper book - the others being ebooks downloaded off the Internet.

A few years ago, I discovered that the book lists I've posted don't view so well when read on a mobile device. On two different occasions I've posted a screen shot of the list and published to accommodate the mobile phone user. I haven't made up my mind as yet as to whether or not I'll do that again this year.

So, without further ballyho, here is the list of books I read (or reread) in 2019.

The Good Soldier     Ford Madox Ford
The Devil's Hearth   Philip DePoy
The Master and Margarita   Mikhail Bulgakov
Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin  Benjamin Franklin
The Burning Secret   Stefan Zweig
Spring Snow   Yukio Mishima
Runaway Horses   Yukio Mishima
The Temple of Dawn   Yukio Mishima
The Decay of the Angel  Yukio Mishima
The Benson Murder Case    S.S. Van Dine
Wise Blood    Flannery O'Connor
The Violent Bear It Away   Flannery O'Connor
The Trial   Franz Kafka
Strictly Business    O. Henry
Wagner, the Wehr-Wolf     George W. M. Reynolds
Three Men in a Boat     Jerome K. Jerome

No comments: