Thursday, December 27, 2018

The Silver Beetle Redux.



Yesterday morning, while taking my walk, I decided to detour down a side road in Sibulan where I don't normally walk. By taking that detour, I came upon this silver Beetle. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera at the time. I brought my camera along with me this morning and took the same little detour as yesterday in order to snap a photo or two.

Looking over my VW photos, this Beetle compares favorably with the Silver Beetle I photographed last March at the VW graveyard.

I believe the two Silver Beetles are one and the same. It isn't just the color that leads me to think this. I've looked at my VW Beetle photos and no other Beetle has the front turn signal indicator (AKA blinker) on the bumper of the vehicle. Every other Beetle in my photographs has the front turn signal indicator positioned atop the fender.

Based on these similarities, I'm giving this the same number as the earlier Silver Beetle - #45.


No comments: