Monday, December 31, 2018

Farewell 2018



This being the final day of 2018, I feel obliged to review this past year and put forth my thoughts in a final blog post of the year.

In the areas of reading and writing, this has not been a productive year for me. With this being the 95th post of 2018, I regret to say that I've written fewer blog posts this year than any year since 2013. If it wasn't for the occasional mango shake review, or VW Beetle spotting, I'd have almost no posts to speak of.  Normally my postings drop off in non-Presidential election years, but this year is far worse than 2017.

As one will see in tomorrow's list of books read this year, my reading dropped off. I read fewer books this year than any year since 2013. It makes me wonder what went on that year.

One area where I feel like I've done well is in the area of exercise and physical fitness. As a general rule, I walk every morning - unless, of course rain prevents my doing so. I've set up different dumbbell routines thru out the year, trying to maintain a balance between working on every major muscle group and getting the proper amount of rest.

My current schedule calls for approximately 40 minutes of dumbbells six days a week - taking Sunday off as a full day of rest.

Without going into too many details, the basic schedule calls for a chest workout for Monday, upper and lower back on Tuesdays, followed by a leg workout on Wednesday. Thursday is for triceps, Friday biceps, and shoulders on Saturday.

I normally change my routine every 3 or 4 months - this routine being only a couple of weeks old, I'll stick to this one for some time to come.

I don't usually make New Year's resolutions - that being my only one. I'm not going to promise to post more often, or read more books. I'm not going to try and stay off social media or any of those other things folks resolve to do this time of year.

I'll just be me, and we'll see how that works out.

No comments: