Monday, February 11, 2019

A Neglected Lime Green Beetle


As I've mentioned before, on days when my son is in school, I'll drive into Dumaguete long before time for him to be let out of class,so that I might find a suitable parking spot along Hibbard Ave. near the gate where he exits. I'll spend the time roaming around the city on foot. Most of the time I head south towards Lee Plaza or McDonald's, but this afternoon I went north in the direction of the Coco Grande Hotel.

I don't often walk in that direction, but I had an urge to do so today.

Just before reaching the Coco Grande, I noticed a little side street between the hotel and a section of the high school. I call this a side street because it's paved, though I could tell it wasn't open to traffic. Continuing to follow my hunch, I walked down the little street.

It actually winds down around the high school, but I didn't go that far. It was on this little street that I came upon this lime green VW Beetle.

When I came upon the Maslog VW on Sunday, I opened the back to see if there was an engine. I didn't do that with this lime green Beetle, but it's obvious that it hasn't moved in a long time.





No comments: