Friday, February 8, 2019

The Chin Loong Mango Shake

In an earlier post, I mentioned that I was headed along the boulevard this afternoon to try a mango shake from a Chinese restaurant called Chin Loong, when I was sidetracked by a voice calling my name. As I wrote in that earlier post, the voice belonged to an American I knew, who had stopped at a place called Why Not? to get something to eat. While seated with him, I had a mango shake - which I reviewed in the earlier post.

Being a bit disappointed the shake from Why Not?, I continued my walk to Chin Loong in search of a better shake.

The mango shake from Chin Loong was pleasant enough; very different from the type served at Why Not? Although different, it could also be classified as average in taste. Nice enough I suppose, but nowhere near the best in Dumaguete. On the positive side, however, this shake was priced at only 50 pesos. It was certainly as good as some I've found for 65.

With all that said, if I were to find myself along the boulevard in need of another mango shake, I would choose Chin Loong over Why Not? or the Gabby's located nearby.

No comments: