Tuesday, August 27, 2019

A Change in My Exercise Routine


For four months prior to our moving into our new house, I worked out at a gym in Dumaguete after dropping off my son at school.

After moving into the house, I decided to drop the gym in favor of doing my workout at home. One reason for the change was the additional room for working out at the house compared to the apartment. The second reason for the change was a desire to save the money spent on gym membership.

With the change in location came a change in the exercise routine. I wanted to change the number of workout days to four instead of six. This was to entail expanding the time spent working out each morning.

Since moving into the house, my routine has consisted of chest, shoulder and triceps two days a week (usually Monday and Friday) and upper and lower back, biceps and forearms on two days (Usually Tuesday and Saturday. I've found, however that this routine was too much. The work load was so heavy that I was often tempted to skip days.

Rather than lose days working out and becoming disorganized in my routine, I've decided to make another change in the routine. Starting today,the days will be broken down as follows:

Day one - chest and triceps
Day two - upper/lower back
Day three -shoulders
Day four - biceps and forearms.

I believe this will be a good maintenance plan for me, balancing resistance training and adequate rest.

No comments: