Sunday, August 25, 2019

Poor Man's Mocha Java

After publishing my last post [This Blog at Nearly Thirteen Years ] I make a slight change with one of the gadgets on this page; basically, an update on my most popular posts.

With this arrangement, a post from August, 2014 [My New Beverage of Choice.] pops up near the top. In that post, I wrote of my having developed a taste for hot green tea with sugar and calamansi. Over the years, I've not been drinking quite as much green tea as I was when that post was written, but coincidentally, I've been drinking more green tea w/calamansi the past few days, after a neighbor gave us quite a lot of calamansi from their tree.

I went back and read what I had written five years ago. My method of making the beverage today is slightly different from 2014. I put in the juice of several of the fruits - with sugar - prior to my adding the hot water and tea bag.

The five years in Sibulan has brought about another change in my beverage(s) of choice. Before moving here, I would not touch instant coffee, nor would I add anything to the brewed coffee other than sugar occasionally. Now, it's instant coffee, brown sugar and loads of Coffee-Mate. For a breakfast treat, my first coffee of the day also has Bear Brand Choco Milk Powder as a major ingredient.

Still, even with my switching back to coffee from green tea, I haven't noticed any ghosts. nor have I been hearing strange voices as described by the BBC in 2009.

No comments: