Wednesday, August 14, 2019

8 Million Views on Google Maps

A little less than a year ago - on September 18, 2018 to be precise - I noted on this blog that I had uploaded a little more than 1500 photos to Google Maps and those photos had been viewed slightly over 5,000,000 times. Today, in the months following that post, the number of photos uploaded is closer to 1700 and the number of views has passed the 8,000,000 mark.

A few years ago, when the total number of views was nearer to 1,000,000, an acquaintance of mine suggested that I use the number of views on Google Maps as a selling point for my photos. Although I'm certainly happy that so many people have viewed my photographs, there is nothing I did - or can do - to drive viewers to any of my photos. It wouldn't have been honest on my part to suggest otherwise.

No comments: