Saturday, November 21, 2020

The VWs of Davao

Since November 22, 2016 I've been posting photos of VW Beetles that I happen upon in Dumaguete and the surrounding areas. At this point, I've posted photos in excess of 70 Beetles.

Knowing my obsession with Volkswagens, my friend Dom sent two Hot Wheels Volkswagens to me in January. That was before the pandemic hit and it seems so long ago.

Today, Dom sent an email with photos of VW Beetles. He lives in Davao and I'm assuming these VWs are in Davao as well. From the look of the streets, they could be in Anytown, Philippines. With the exception of the "Sponge Bob" VW, these look pretty much like the ones I've seen in Dumaguete ......even down to the beat-up white one.

I'm curious to know the back story of these VWs from Davao. I suspect that they are either owned by one man or else there's a sort of local VW club there.




 

1 comment:

MonsieurB said...

Very nice blog yoou have here