Monday, December 29, 2008

Falling Behind.

Earlier in the year, I decided to put forth an effort and get 366 posts on this blog this year.

I'm not going to make it. This will only be the 20th post for this month and I'm too far behind to catch up before the end of the year.

Of course, if I wanted to claim victory in spite of the numbers, I could figure in the posts for my other blogs and the total would well surpass the one-a-day average.

At least I have a legitimate excuse for falling behind this month. My wife was off from work for the Christmas Holiday from the 24th until today; we don't get as much time together as we'd like and I wasn't going to use up what little time we've gained this month with blogging.

Contrary to what many might think, I actually put a lot of thought into these posts. OK, I admit it....not all are well thought out, but probably more are than not.
I spend time looking around the Internet to get some ideas on what to write about and naturally, I have to check out my favorite blogs (you know who you are).

Some of the stories I come across call for serious responses, but, often I try to be funny and/or sarcastic with my posts.

The less than serious posts very often call for a less than serious photo as accompaniment. The D'offus of the Big-Doofus more especially needs a GIMPed photo for each post and as I'm not all that talented with GIMP, it takes me a long time to manipulate the photos in just the right way.

Even though I won't write 366 posts for 2008, I've managed to more than double the number I posted in 2007. I suppose that's something.

No comments: