Wednesday, December 31, 2008

More on Google Page Rank.

In a post from October [Google Page Rank.] I wrote how, after two years of blogging, the Google Page Rank for this particular blog dropped from it's consistent ranking of 3/10 to a disappointing 2/10.
I was at a loss to explain the drop. I've search the web for a valid explanation of how Google Page Rank works and how I should go about boosting it. I don't believe anyone really knows.
Today, while looking at my latest blog [D'offus of the Big-Doofus] I discovered that it had risen to a 3/10......which, considering that blog is less than one month old, pleased me to no end.

I immediately came back to this blog to see if the rank had changed.
It had.
The Google rank for this blog had gone back up to 3/10.

The odd thing about the ranking is that individual pages within the blog can be ranked differently than the blog's main page. Usually, my individual pages ranked much lower. I discovered, however, that one of my old posts [Clueless Nun Supports The Chosen One.] had managed to reach a 4/10 on it's own (that's probably due to that page being linked to in a Reuter's story which has a 5/10 rank).

The rankings on my three other blogs haven't changed.....understandable since I seldom post on those.
Do I see the makings of a New Year's resolution?

3 comments:

Larry Denninger said...

HAppy New Year, Robert. Keep up the great work, and may God bless you and your family in 2009.

And yes, you are a little wimpy for not handling 45 degrees very well. Come on up here for some single digit temps tonight!

Anonymous said...

Congratulation for your page rank...

I hope my new blog can get at least PR1 or 2 next time update

hanum said...

Google has once again updated their search engine algorithm and Page Rank on November 2009. This has caused great joy for many webmasters, while others are scrambling to find out what happened to their websites page rank.